Costello, Cooney & Fearon's ERISA attorneys have wide-ranging experience in this area and are able to help clients with:
- Successfully representing employers, fiduciaries, plan administrators, benefit plans and retirement plans in a wide variety of ERISA claims and litigation, including multi-million dollar actions.
- Structuring as well as maintaining employee benefit plans and executive compensation programs and guiding clients through complex financial transactions to assist them in attaining their objectives within the confines of the ERISA law and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Explain in easy-to-understand language tax-qualification and the application of labor and securities laws and regulations to sponsors of employee benefit plans and executive compensation programs.
- All aspects of establishing, merging and terminating benefit plans and compensation arrangements.
- Developing transactional compliance systems for employers to assure compliance with ERISA law and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Advise clients on the application of the fiduciary responsibility and prohibited transaction provisions of ERISA law to various types of transactions and investments.
We also handle all aspects of executive compensation arrangements for a significant portion of our clients, including the design and implementation of equity and non-equity plans to comply with ERISA law and the Internal Revenue Code. A key aspect of this area is to develop plans designed to restore to executives the benefits curtailed by qualified plan limitations.
We have successfully represented clients before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Internal Revenue Service and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation in audits, examinations and settlement negotiations.
For more information, contact Paul Ferrara.