Zachary R. Benjamin
P 315-422-1152 | F 315-422-1139 | Send Email
Zach is a Partner and member of the Firm's Business/Corporate Formations & Transactions practice group and is involved in all areas of forming and advising business entities and their owners.
Since beginning his practice, Zach has developed a statewide practice focusing on business, estate, tax, succession and transactional planning for closely held and family owned enterprises. His business practice includes general corporate counsel to both not-for-profit organizations and for-profit businesses, including the following:
- Advising clients on formation, transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising not-for-profit organizations regarding the attainment of tax-exempt status and ongoing compliance with federal and state tax exempt requirements.
- Drafting and negotiating employment agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and other documents relative to the formation, ownership, operation and management of organizations.
- Drafting and negotiating transactional documents, including shareholders' agreements and asset or stock purchase agreements.
- Managing the sale or acquisition of privately held companies.
- Representing clients before Federal and State licensing authorities, including the Alcohol & Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau and the New York State Liquor Authority.
Zach also serves as counsel to numerous alcoholic beverage manufacturing enterprises throughout New York State. He advises owners and operators of wineries, hard cider producers, breweries and distilleries in all areas of business, estate, licensing/compliance, tax and succession planning. Through this practice, Zach has developed extensive knowledge of the issues confronting alcoholic beverage manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers.
Zach is a frequent lecturer for professional and civic groups in the area of business law. He is also actively involved in community activities, including serving as a member of the Board of Directors of Tully Hill Rehabilitation Center.
University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 2005Syracuse University, B.A.(magna cum laude), 2002
New York State
Onondaga County Bar AssociationNew York State Bar Association