Christopher M. Militello
Christopher M. Militello is an associate with the firm and a member of the firm's labor and employment, education
Mr. Militello is admitted to practice in New York, the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. His practice includes:
- Providing counsel and investigation of employee disciplinary matters for school districts and other municipal employers, and prosecution of disciplinary proceedings under section 75 of the civil service law and section 3020-a of the education law.
- Representation of school districts in appeals to the New York State Commissioner of Education.
- Defense of school districts and other municipal clients in property tax assessment changes under Article 7 of the real property tax law.
- Representation of school districts in the negotiation of PILOT agreements and related matters involving property tax exemptions.
- Representation of school districts in student
disciplineproceedings under section 3214 of education law.
- Investigation for
schooldistrict and municipal clients of claims of sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, hostile work environment, and defense of such claims and section 1983 claims in state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
- Providing counsel and representation to school districts in special education matters and representing them in special education due process proceedings and litigation in state and federal court.
- Providing counsel to school districts in matters regarding education law, school elections and boards of education.
Mr. Militello attended St. Bonaventure University, where he graduated cum laude with a bachelor of arts degree in mass communication in 1990. He earned a master of science degree in sports administration from Canisius College in 1993 and was awarded a
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Militello worked for other Syracuse area law firms and focused his practice on the representation of public school districts and BOCES. He has also served as the confidential law clerk to a New York State Supreme Court Justice and as a staff attorney for the Utica National Insurance Group.