Costello, Cooney & Fearon, PLLC represents a variety of physicians and medical practices, from solo-practitioners to large group practices. Our healthcare attorneys are immersed in the rules and regulations applicable to physician practices, including the New York State Education Law, the Stark regulations, the Anti-kickback statute and regulations and Medicare billing requirements.
We represent physicians on a variety of issues including:
- Employment agreements
- Formation of professional entity, including professional services corporation, professional services limited liability companies
- Start-up of medical practice
- Physician recruitment agreements with hospitals
- Medicare/Medicaid billing issues
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Purchase of ownership interests in physician practices
- Disciplinary proceedings within hospitals and OPMC
- Compliance plans
- Equipment joint ventures with hospitals
- Medical staff - hospital relationships including disciplinary proceedings and credentialing
- Labor and employment matters
- Real estate acquisition
Contact us for more information.